VETERINARY: DENTAL-PROP ™/PAT. (Bag of 3)
- All spring loaded feline mouth gags (items 500764 and 507680 – pictured below) removed from hospitals immediately due to compromised patient safety.
- Spring loaded mouth gags in feline patients present risk of maxillary artery compression, resulting in potentially permanent neurologic injury or blindness.
- Replacement item is Dentalaire® mouth prop (confirmed as acceptable alternative from previous field survey – pictured below). The new mouth prop is not to be used in brachycephalic cats.
- All spring loaded feline mouth gags collected and disposed of upon receipt of the new mouth props.
- Medical directors, chiefs of staff, and practice managers inspect all dental equipment to ensure complete removal of feline spring loaded gags.
- Hospitals begin exclusive use of new mouth props upon receipt.
- New props are radiopaque so would be visualized radiographically in cases of accidental ingestion or inhalation.
- Additional tool available for hospital use – dental cheek retractor (501088 – pictured below) – may be ordered to assist with visualization during dental procedures.
- No mouth props of any kind are to be used in brachycephalic cats due to safety concerns.
There are no reviews yet.